Premises Liability Laws in Massachusetts
Worcester Personal Injury Lawyer Peter Ventura Can Explain Your Options in the Aftermath of a Fall and Help You File a Claim.
When you walk into a local grocery store, retailer, or even the office, your thoughts are likely focused on the task at hand (what to get for dinner, the supplies your kids need for school, that big meeting you have coming up this afternoon, etc.) Probably one of the last things on your mind is dealing with a serious injury, hospital stays, and expensive medical bills. Unfortunately, this can quickly become a reality when you slip and fall because of a foreign substance on the floor.
That’s why premises liability law in Massachusetts holds business and property owners to a considerable standard of accountability to prevent accidents such as a slip and fall. When looking for attorneys in Worcester to help you seek compensation for such a serious injury, you’ll find that Peter Ventura can answer your questions and provide an efficient and thorough evaluation of your accident.
We Take the Time to Find out Exactly What Led to Your Slip & Fall Accident
At the law firm of Peter Ventura, your first consultation is free. That way, we can take the time to discuss what happened at the time of your slip and fall, including what you think caused it.
In many cases, some of the following foreign substances may be to blame:
- Water, beverages, and other drinks – this is common inside when items are spilled and not cleaned up quickly (such as a carton of milk in a grocery store or an iced beverage at an eatery or restaurant).
- Floor wax and cleaning materials – especially if they’re not thoroughly rubbed into the flooring surfaces; excessive application of wax can also be a factor.
- Water, ice, and puddles – this is common outside when drains and gutters aren’t routinely cleaned and unclogged, which can cause water to pool and create puddles.
If this sounds similar to the circumstances that led to your slip and fall accident, or if any kind of foreign substance caused you to fall, premises liability law gives Massachusetts victims like you some options. You don’t have to sit idle while painful injuries, lengthy hospital stays, and expensive medical bills dictate your life. Worcester lawyer Peter Ventura can help you address these concerns by holding the property or business owner accountable.
We Act Quickly and Thoroughly to Prove Liability for Your Injuries
Determining what foreign substance caused your slip and fall is only half of the battle. Throughout the process, some of the following issues will be evaluated:
- Did the property/business owner create the hazardous condition?
- Did the property/business owner know about the hazardous condition and fail to block off the area or take precautions to protect customers, guests, and other pedestrians?
- Was the unsafe condition easy to notice?
- Was the unsafe condition reoccurring?
One of the biggest challenges to handling slip and fall accident cases is proving just what the business or property owner’s responsibility is to the injured person give the unique case circumstances. Peter Ventura will work closely with you to address this important issue to determine whether a claim for compensation can be made.
Are you looking for slip and fall attorneys in Worcester? Peter Ventura Can Help
Peter Ventura, a slip and fall injury attorney in Worcester, focuses only on personal injury claims and will answer your questions about premises liability law in Massachusetts, including accidents caused from foreign substances on floors and walking surfaces. For 25 years, this former Worcester County assistant district attorney has represented personal injury victims. When you’ve suffered from a slip and fall injury in Massachusetts, contact us for a free consultation at 508-755-7535.