Premises Liability Claims Attorney
Serving Metro West, Central Mass, and the County of Worcester
Damages Claims Related to Dangerous Property Conditions in Massachusetts
If you need an attorney’s advice about your rights in the aftermath of an accident caused by the negligence of a property owner or someone who maintains property, contact a Worcester premises liability attorney at the law firm of Peter Ventura, Attorney at Law, for a free consultation.
As a general rule, property owners and building management have an obligation to keep their premises in a reasonably safe condition for tenants, customers, visitors and passers-by. At the same time, people are generally responsible for watching their step. Massachusetts premises liability law defines the rights and responsibilities of owners and everyone else to share space safely.
It is not always easy to tell where the owner’s responsibility ends and the injured person’s begins. The defense in a premises liability case will usually allege a lack of opportunity to know of the dangerous property condition, or carelessness on the part of the victim. You can also expect the defendant and its insurer to challenge your injury claims and damages demand.
Call toll free 888-251-7535 or 508-755-7535 in Worcester or Metro West
We combine prompt investigation and evaluation of your case with careful attention to detail in the development and presentation of the liability and damages issues. We advise clients about their rights and legal options under a wide range of dangerous property conditions:
- Slip-and-fall or trip-and-fall injuries in dark stairwells, on slippery floors or on uneven sidewalks
- Falling overhead objects in buildings, at job sites or on the street
- Structurally unsound building components
- Improperly maintained rides at amusement parks
- Severe and fatal injuries suffered in swimming pools
- Dangerous construction site conditions
- Dog bites or other animal attacks
- Negligent security in apartment buildings, hotels, retail stores, shopping malls or parking garages
- Exposure to toxic or hazardous substances
- Elevator and escalator accidents
- Injuries suffered from fires and explosion accidents
- Premises liability cases involving snow and ice
- Wheelchair ramp injuries
- Handrail injuries
- Negligent property maintenance
- Malfunctioning automatic door
- Slip and fall caused by inadequate lighting
- Defective stairs, sidewalks, and walkways
- Premises liability
- Foreign substance on the floor
- Injured during an assault
We can often refer to state and local building codes, sanitary regulations, workplace safety codes and other laws to strengthen the case for liability against a negligent owner.
For a free consultation about your right to compensation for injuries suffered through unsafe property conditions, contact a Massachusetts premises liability lawyer at the law firm of Peter Ventura, Attorney at Law, in Worcester.