Multiple Vehicle Accidents
Multiple-vehicle crashes in Massachusetts and elsewhere are inevitably serious events. Many people can be severely injured or killed. Property damage and medical expenses can run in the millions. And even for crashes involving as few as three vehicles, accident victims must often endure endless months of arguing about who caused the accident while waiting to receive compensation for their injuries and financial losses.
Who is to blame in a multi-vehicle collision?
The question of blame is a key issue in any multi-vehicle accident. Identifying the responsible person is crucial to determining who or which insurance company should be held accountable for the compensation of injuries and damages.
But reconstructing the sequence of events in a multi-car pileup is no easy job. The chaos of a crash scene and the fact that the highway or roads must be quickly cleared for regular traffic means that evidence often gets obscured or lost.
To determine the cause of the crash, the police, insurance investigators, and personal injury lawyers must immerse themselves into the details of the accident, considering questions such as:
- was it one person or several that caused the accident?
- was the culpable party a driver or a pedestrian?
- was a hit-and-run vehicle involved?
- were any of the motorists driving drunk or under the influence?
- were any of the drivers distracted while driving (e.g. texting, eating, on the phone)?
- did equipment failure play a role?
- was the road design defective?
- did weather play a role?
What should I do if I get into a multiple-vehicle accident in Massachusetts?
If you were involved in a multiple-vehicle accident, seek medical attention immediately. Afterwards, find an experienced Massachusetts car accident lawyer to represent your interests. Too often, accident victims – confused and vulnerable from their experience – accept the word of another person’s lawyer, someone else’s insurance company, or even their own insurance company, about who was negligent and the type and amount of compensation due to them.
Remember that these professionals are looking out for their own interests, not yours. Insurance companies are well-known to pressure accident victims into signing away their rights to full compensation and accept a pittance of what they’re entitled to receive. Only your own lawyer will fight to ensure that you get the compensation that you need and deserve.
How can a multiple-vehicle accident lawyer help me?
An attorney experienced in multiple vehicle accident cases can:
- conduct a thorough investigation of the accident
- critically review accident scene reconstruction reports
- interview witnesses and others involved in the accident
- protect you from insurance companies seeking to deny, limit, or delay valid claims
- fight to obtain the full and fair amount of compensation to which you’re entitled
With a dedicated advocate at your side, you may be able to obtain compensation for your current and ongoing medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Peter Ventura is a Worcester, Massachusetts multiple-car accident lawyer committed to helping people who have been injured in multi-vehicle collisions obtain fair and full compensation for their injuries and losses. Call today for a free consultation at 508-755-7535.